The Harvey Nash Senior Finance Survey 2015
This is the Harvey Nash Finance & Banking third snapshot opinion survey, conducted in the Spring of 2015, it represents the views of 232 senior finance professionals across Ireland and the UK.
We asked mainly Finance Directors and Financial Controllers their views on the economy, talent, and diversity. Here is a snapshot of the results and I am very encouraged by the positivity in the sector.
- The Irish and UK Economies will grow, consumer confidence is up.
- We are out of Recession in Ireland.
- The UK will stay in Europe.
- The jury is out on the impact of a single party government in the UK.
- A rainbow coalition is likely in the next Irish General Election.
- Company headcounts will grow.
- Generally there isn’t a skills shortage in Finance but niche areas like Risk, Reporting and Regulation has a talent deficit.
- There is no gender gap in Finance, but mostly Women choose not to progress to Senior roles due to family commitments.
- Good news – most are expecting a payrise but are content with their current compensation.
- Most take over 20 days well deserved annual leave.
I hope these insights leave you with some sense of how you sit within the general Finance community and would welcome any feedback or thoughts on what you would like to hear about next.
Harvey Nash Finance & Banking
We have strengthened our organisation with new leadership in both Sweden and Denmark. With the recruitment of Knud Mansfeld-Giese and Tomas Persson in the role of Country Manager to our offices in Copenhagen and Stockholm respectively, we have taken a big step forward in our continued growth ambition by securing a clear leadership that…
Last year over 800 HR professionals from around the globe took part in the Harvey Nash HR Survey, and we’d love you to join them. Click here to take part - HR SURVEY This year the survey covers a wide range of key HR issues: from what’s driving HR, to the impact of automation…
Most management groups need to grapple with successfully implementing some type of change in their organisation. To work with company values and link them to the business strategy can be the communicative platform needed to unite the company during times of change. How does a company succeed in maintaining good productivity in periods of…