Harvey Nash Technology Survey 2013
In our last Technology Survey, we explored the idea that ‘there’s no longer an off switch’.
For example: what time did you switch on your phone this morning and check your emails? Ten years ago, that would have been a very strange question to ask. However, the likelihood is that you didn’t turn your phone off last night and one of the first things you did this morning was check it to see what had happened while you were sleeping.
- 71% of technologists have been with their employer for less than three years
- The average technology salary is £60,398 / €74,731 per year
- Women in technology roles earn 7.3% less than men
- 90% of the world’s data was created in the last two years
- 144.8 billion emails are sent worldwide every day
- 48% of technologists are looking to change jobs in the next 12 months
- 64% of organisations are looking to mobile applications to stimulate business growth
- Only 36% see the UK becoming more entrepreneurial but 61% see Ireland improving
- Ten years ago these jobs didn’t exist: App Developer, Social Media Manager, Cloud Computing Services Architect, User Experience Designer
- 67% believe that technology people need to be more skilled in multiple technologies than ever before
Most management groups need to grapple with successfully implementing some type of change in their organisation. To work with company values and link them to the business strategy can be the communicative platform needed to unite the company during times of change. How does a company succeed in maintaining good productivity in periods of…
Today we are joined by new colleague Charlotte Runsbech! Charlotte is known to us from before as she joins us from our sister company Alumni, but now she is taking a step over to us at Harvey Nash to work as a Researcher at our Stockholm office. Charlotte has a Master in Managing People, Knowledge…
Qualified IT skills are in high demand and potential employers are increasingly facing higher standards set by candidates. Companies must be able to take care of their candidates, both passive and active ones and view them more as consumers. Working with a long-term perspective in talent management, with relationship-building activities and inbound recruitment, is…