Harvey Nash Technology Survey 2013
In our last Technology Survey, we explored the idea that ‘there’s no longer an off switch’.
For example: what time did you switch on your phone this morning and check your emails? Ten years ago, that would have been a very strange question to ask. However, the likelihood is that you didn’t turn your phone off last night and one of the first things you did this morning was check it to see what had happened while you were sleeping.
- 71% of technologists have been with their employer for less than three years
- The average technology salary is £60,398 / €74,731 per year
- Women in technology roles earn 7.3% less than men
- 90% of the world’s data was created in the last two years
- 144.8 billion emails are sent worldwide every day
- 48% of technologists are looking to change jobs in the next 12 months
- 64% of organisations are looking to mobile applications to stimulate business growth
- Only 36% see the UK becoming more entrepreneurial but 61% see Ireland improving
- Ten years ago these jobs didn’t exist: App Developer, Social Media Manager, Cloud Computing Services Architect, User Experience Designer
- 67% believe that technology people need to be more skilled in multiple technologies than ever before
We have the pleasure of welcoming Melissa Minaya as our new colleague! Melissa is known to us from before having worked for our sister company Alumni, but now she has made the move over to a role as Consultant in our Malmö office at Harvey Nash. Melissa has thorough knowledge of executive search and recruitment
Last week we welcomed two new colleagues to our team at Harvey Nash! Matilda Andersson recently graduated with a degree in Human Resource Management from Uppsala University. Matilda will join as Researcher in our team dedicated to recruitment within IT and Tech roles in Stockholm. Alongside her studies, she has already worked parttime as
The protection and safeguarding of our client’s and candidate’s personal data is a fundamental part of our business operations. We are fully committed to ensure compliance in accordance with the provisions of the various data acts, laws and regulations as applies to our company. With updated Data Protection Regulations coming into force in