You will become part of a small team with skilled and highly dedicated colleagues. This position will work closely with the finance team in Oslo and together, the team serves all jurisdictions where Verdane is present. Today Verdane has presence in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and UK. The activity level as well as the numbers of funds and legal entities in Sweden has increased significantly over the past years and is expected to increase further in the years to come. Larger transaction sizes and complexity demand more sophisticated financial reporting and analysis, and this role will have the opportunity to proactively improve Verdane’s financial models and analysis. Interaction and communication with both external advisors and outsourcing partners as well as the investment team at Verdane is critical for this role. Continuous improvement is always a focus for Verdane and various improvement projects are run across the team on an ongoing basis. The right person should be open for challenges and changes. As this is a new role at Verdane, there are many opportunities for the right person to develop and shape the role.
You will be reporting to CFO, based in Oslo.
Examples of what you will do:
- Financial analysis of fund performance, performance in the advisory companies and other ad-hoc analysis
- Valuations of portfolio companies for quarterly reporting
- Monitoring and controller function for several legal entities, mostly Swedish. Quarterly reporting and annual accounts, including the coordination and communication with outsourcing partners and auditors.
- Budgeting and forecasting, KPI’s definitions and reporting
- Take leadership of capital changes, share transfer and equity transactions in internal Verdane entities
- Support investment and exit processes in portfolio companies in close cooperation with the investment team
- Optimization of internal processes
- Various ad hoc projects, for example on operational effectiveness
Who are you?
- Academic degree in Business Administration
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a financial or business controller, and/or in due diligence/transactions or financial audit.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in at least one Scandinavian language and English
Verdane is a value-driven company with emphasis on maintaining an inspiring and positive working environment and business culture. The Financial and Risk Manager will need to be proactive and self-driven, as well as a team player, to ensure a positive collaboration with the rest of the Verdane team and with external advisors and outsourcing partners. We value a highly competent doer who will challenge what we are doing to improve our processes and financial analysis. We are looking for a curious, fast learner with strong analytical skills.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Verdane funds seek to be the preferred investor and active owner of technology-enabled growth companies in Northern Europe. They provide flexible growth capital to fast-growing software, consumer internet, energy or high-technology industry businesses. Their funds are distinctive in that they can invest either in a single company or in portfolios of companies. Verdane funds have invested in over 300 holdings over the past 14 years. Verdane Capital Advisors has 30 employees and are present in all the Nordic countries.