Life as a Non-Executive Director
On Thursday 30th October the Harvey Nash Finance and Banking Practice hosted their first regional executive breakfast event at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Birmingham. As with all Harvey Nash thought leadership events the formula was simple; great speaker, great content, plus a room full of engaged executives all adds up to an extremely thought provoking event. Add a full English breakfast and the satisfaction levels go through the roof!
- Start taking on NED appointments whilst you are still an executive as it gives vital experience and insight. Whilst this is challenging, you can find engagements that are less time demanding/stretching (different business within your group, location close to home, sector you know well etc).
- View this as a career. Invest in your network, make choices that will open future doors and give the role as much energy and diligence as you ever did your executive life.
- ‘When’ you become a NED should not be dictated by the length of time you have served as an exec. If you can listen, challenge and are driven by the right motives, then you can make the move. But remember, credibility is key. The career you have had, however long or short, has to demand the respect of your colleagues.
- Being a non-exec means that you do less ‘fire-fighting’. Tim’s blackberry no longer flashes away with the operational problems it once did. Rather than sit back and enjoy that fact, Tim dedicates significant time to reading reports and other research so that he can ensure he picks up on things that execs may have skimmed over.
- Alongside his non-exec appointments Tim also works with 5 exec coaching clients, performs an advisory role for a global tech business and does some pro-bono work. This portfolio of activities gives Tim constant streams of engagement and ensures Tim has the breadth he set out to achieve from the start.
We are pleased to announce that Victoria Sundberg joins us this week as new colleague in our Stockholm office! Victoria joins us from the travel and IT industry where she’s spent the majority of her career. She comes most previously from Amadeus where she’s worked with CRM and sales support and will bring invaluable…
Begreppet arkitektur förändras konstant – så även på ett av världens äldsta arkitektföretag, Tengbom, som år 2016 rankades som ett av världens mest innovativa arkitektkontor av Fast Company. – Vi jobbar med arkitekturens alla aspekter. Utöver kärnaffären som består av en mer traditionell arkitektur, erbjuder vi ett eko-system av tjänster runtomkring, allt från design till…
We hope to see you in Almedalen, Gotland! During this week, something that many call the Almedalen spirit prevails. The week quite simply has a special atmosphere, to which the time and place have definitely contributed. Almedalen Week is an unusual combination of political summit and openness. However, it is also associated with an…