This is a fantastic opportunity to lead an entire business area with staff responsibility of up to 70 people but 4 direct reports. Based in Gothenburg you will report directly to the Regional Manager. In addition, you will also be required to:
- Lead a department’s activities in the context of the company’s strategy, establish, determine and follow up the department’s action plan for optimal profitability.
- Develop and monitor the business area and its employees to achieve set goals, also lead the department’s marketing and sales activities.
- Ensure that experience, problems and deviations are documented and made subject to corrective and preventive measures (continuous improvement).
- Perform personnel management, planning, job evaluation, personal evaluation and wage setting within the department and including recruitment.
- Work independently in the role as well as lead the development of the business area through action plans.
- Plan education, development and rationalization within the department.
- Ensure that everyone in the department has access to the required information.
- Technical and financial responses to the assignments the department works with.
- Ensure that the enterprise system is applied and, if necessary, establish the necessary procedures and facilities for the department.
- Actively engage towards digitalization and transformation towards automatization.
- Ensure access to laws, regulations, regulations, etc. within the department.
As a person, you show winning spirit, curious mindset, entrepreneurial thinking and great communication skills. You are business oriented and actively work with strategy, goal management and follow-up. We also see you:
- Higher education in engineering, economics, marketing or similar.
- 10+ years’ experience with a minimum of 5 years’ in consulting.
- Previous team management or project management experience, including management of budgets and developing and mentoring staff.
- Experience around strategically developing business, whilst being systematic and structured.
- Deliver results and meet customer expectations.
- Accustomed to change leadership driven internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commercial thinking.
- You work to support, develop and lead your employees and make the necessary decisions to reach and exceed the business area’s goals.
- Good knowledge of Swedish and English in speech and writing.
In Sweden, there are over 4,000 employees at 50 offices spread across the country. They share the same values and a brand with their colleagues around the world and strive to lead the way in the built environment sector by taking responsibility in multi-disciplinary projects and general consulting assignments. WSP is characterised by innovative thinking and cooperation across both technical areas and international borders. The Group has around 40,000 employees at 500 offices in 40 countries. The headquarters are in Montreal, Canada, and the company is listed on the Toronto stock exchange. https://www.wsp.com/sv-SE