The Harvey Nash Senior Finance Survey 2015
This is the Harvey Nash Finance & Banking third snapshot opinion survey, conducted in the Spring of 2015, it represents the views of 232 senior finance professionals across Ireland and the UK.
We asked mainly Finance Directors and Financial Controllers their views on the economy, talent, and diversity. Here is a snapshot of the results and I am very encouraged by the positivity in the sector.
- The Irish and UK Economies will grow, consumer confidence is up.
- We are out of Recession in Ireland.
- The UK will stay in Europe.
- The jury is out on the impact of a single party government in the UK.
- A rainbow coalition is likely in the next Irish General Election.
- Company headcounts will grow.
- Generally there isn’t a skills shortage in Finance but niche areas like Risk, Reporting and Regulation has a talent deficit.
- There is no gender gap in Finance, but mostly Women choose not to progress to Senior roles due to family commitments.
- Good news – most are expecting a payrise but are content with their current compensation.
- Most take over 20 days well deserved annual leave.
I hope these insights leave you with some sense of how you sit within the general Finance community and would welcome any feedback or thoughts on what you would like to hear about next.
Harvey Nash Finance & Banking
We are stregthening our team in Malmö with the recruitment of Maria Pettersson, starting as Consultant. Maria Pettersson has almost seven years of experience from the recruitment industry and joins us most recently from a role as Consultant Manager, focusing on roles within Financial services. She also brings experience from working with IT…
This week we had a new colleague joining our team in Malmö. Nandie Olsson will be our new Researcher working across a broad range of functions to assist in our assignments within the regions of Skåne and Öresund. "I look forward to getting started working in my profession and being part of the team…
In an increasingly changing business environment with high workload and demands for rapid adaptation, more businesses find the benefit of being able to quickly solve skills shortage by taking on an interim consultant. Who wouldn’t want the opportunity to bring in another pair of eyes to get help and ensure that you spend time doing…